Unit tests

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Hi, we want to use in our company the framework, but we have a strict policy regarding unit tests. Are there unit tests planned for the framework or we will have to write them ourselves?

Thank you.

Jun 16, 2011 at 2:31 AM

Unit Tests are pretty awesome so I understand where you're coming from. This project, as I think I said elsewhere, was more of a proof-of-concept of an undo-redo system. We wanted to see if it would be feasible to use some sort of system that took advantage WPF's awesome databinding features, and also implement Undo/Redo without writing a lot of tedious glue code. Because it was never actually going to be used in production, I didn't bother writing tests for it. The final production code was very similar and added a number of features (like checkpointing,UndoCommandGroups, saving undo/redo state to disk and some more obscure stuff). That code is fully tested, and instead of deleting my project, I threw it up on CodePlex to let others build equivalent functionality from this base. I would ask if I could release the production code for Undo/Redo (including unit tests) but its really a moot question, as I took a look and the people working on it tied it pretty tightly to our infrastructure (logging, persistance, etc), and the time it would take to disentangle all that into interfaces is prohibitive (not to mention the potential bugs introduced by the change).